Sales and Estimating
Our experienced Sales team will be pleased to discuss all of your precast concrete requirements. At Coltman we are fully aware of the advantages of engaging early with clients to identify robust design principles and opportunities for value engineering.
Coltman’s dedicated Estimators will prepare accurate and comprehensive quotations supported by detailed scheme drawings and proposals specific to your individual project needs.
Our design team are highly experienced professionals, with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a wide range of industrial, commercial, domestic and leisure projects and applications.
Coltman’s Technical Department can assist you with your design and technical queries and our Contracts Department can help with planning to ensure that the site installation is carried out safely and efficiently.
Coltman produces 200,000m2 of Prestressed Hollowcore Flooring & 3,000m3 bespoke Precast Concrete with a combined capacity of 70,000 tonnes per annum.
Coltman can cater for all Prestressed and Precast projects within our core sector focus.
Planning, Method Statement and Risk Assessment
All sites will be visited regularly by an Area Supervisor (CPCS Appointed Person BS7121 & SMSTS qualified) who will make an assessment of the site conditions and prepare a Method Statement and Risk Assessment for each individual visit/area associated to the project. This will include a Crane Lift Plan.
Coltman offers a comprehensive installation service undertaken and completed to the highest standards by qualified/competent Site Operatives. This includes a provision of all relevant safety equipment which is used in conjunction with a detailed bespoke Method Statement, Crane Lift Plan and Safe System of Work.
Service includes, however not exhaustive:
- Delivery (Articulated Vehicles (FORS).
- Installation (crane and site operatives)
- Bespoke Method Statement.
- Bespoke Crane Lift Plan (LICCON Software).
- Safe Systems of Work and associated Risk Assessments.
- 48 hour Pre-Start Check.
- Fully tested mobile crane plant with all relevant lifting equipment (tested & certified).
- Crane stability mats (up to 4.32m2 beneath each out rigger)
- Air bags (Passive Fall Arrest).
- Trailer Bags (Passive Fall Arrest).
- Safety Netting (Passive Fall Arrest).
- Secondary fall protection (inertia reel, safety harness and lanyard with relevant training/qualifications).
- Competent Site Operatives with all necessary training/qualifications.
- Proprietary cast in lifters/safety chain (upon request).
- Safety Audits.
All Site Operatives carry the appropriate CSCS & CPCS cards necessary to fulfil their role and site tasks.
- CPCS Appointed Persons (Lifting Operations)
- Area Supervisor SMSTS
- CPCS Crane Supervisor (Lifting Operations)
- Site Supervisor SSSTS
- CSCS Precast Concrete (Accreditation A)
- CPCS Slinger/Signaller
- CSCS Construction Site Operative
Coltman are committed to ensuring all Site Operatives are fully trained in their specific site roles and tasks.
We provide all relevant and necessary safety equipment to ensure our installations are carried out in accordance with our Method Statement, Risk Assessment, Crane Lift Plan and Safe Systems of Work. All equipment is tested periodically to the relevant safety standards and used by Site Operatives with the relevant training / competency.
|55t crane lifting 3.5t load||Using Standard mats carried by Crane||53.32 t/m2|
|55t crane lifting 3.5t load||Using Option A (1.44 m2)||23.78 t/m2|
|55t crane lifting 3.5t load||Using Option B (2.16 m2)||15.86 t/m2|
|55t crane lifting 3.5t load||Using Option C (3.24 m2)||10.57 t/m2|
|55t crane lifting 3.5t load||Using Option D (4.32 m2)||7.93 t/m2|